AutoLoop (Carbon-11, Fluorine-18)
Bioscan’s AutoLoop Methylation module sets a new standard for ease & efficiency in the synthesis of C-11/F-18 tracers
Bioscan’s C-11/F-18 Methylation System uses the “loop technique” (a method developed by Dr. Alan Wilson and his group at the Center for Addiction and Mental Health in Toronto) to provide consistent high yields and high chemical purity in a unique and patented loop system…where reactions occur at room temperature.
All aspects of the system are controlled and monitored by the PET Chem/Series III software, which provides a graphical view of each operation and sequence, along with recorded activity levels for full cGMP compliance.
In manual mode, the software allows the user to initiate each step in the synthesis sequence, thereby easily transferring novel tracer methods into routine (automatic) production. At the end of each synthesis, a cleaning cycle is initiated, which removes all radioactivity and residual chemicals from the module, so that successive runs can be made using the same or different precursors.
The AutoLoop system has been proven in the field to have significant advantages over ‘homemade’ and other automated systems currently in use. Here are just a few of the many benefits:
- Reliable yields…and specific activity
- The compact, modular system minimizes the requirement for hot cell space
- Fully automated…and simple-to-use
- Multiple runs--back-to-back--each day
- cGMP-compliant software & reporting
- Automatic cleaning…with no operator intervention
- Designed for routine tracers and method development
- Easy integration with MeI-Plus & ReFORM modules…for a complete C-11 tracer production system
- Professional installation & support